This page is an archive of the discussion about the proposed deletion of the article below. This page is no longer live. Further comments should be made on the article's talk page rather than here so that this page is preserved as an historic record.
The result of the debate was KEEP. dbenbenn | talk 03:54, 8 Mar 2005 (UTC)
Baffling. Not encyclopedic / original research, if you need a reason. Rhobite 22:12, Feb 21, 2005 (UTC)
- Comment - This appears to be a timeline (partial) of a series of fantasy books I'm not familiar with. There's precedence on Wikipedia for this sort of content I believe, but I lack any knowledge of this book series. We need more information from someone who's read them, and more info on how popular they are. Certainly should probably be listed at something like 'Timeline of X' or 'Royal House of X' as it covers more than just the titular character. Meanwhile Abstain Djbrianuk 23:16, 22 Feb 2005 (UTC)
- Delete. Nonsense/Fancruft is my guess. It has something to do with A Game of Thrones book/cards/board game. --Henrygb 00:53, 23 Feb 2005 (UTC)
- Keep and wikify. The author George R. R. Martin (not of this article but of the books to which this article refers) is well represented here. -- RHaworth 07:31, 2005 Feb 23 (UTC)
- Keep but check to make sure its not a copyvio. Looks suspicious to me. DaveTheRed 07:35, 23 Feb 2005 (UTC)
- The book series, while not on par with Lord of the Rings, is notable. This article is very messy, though, and would require some extensive rewriting, possible splitting, and definite renaming. Keep. Btw not copyvio, it's a summary of events in the book with some citations, a bit like a TV episode capsule. Radiant! 09:17, Feb 23, 2005 (UTC)
- Keep, but with reservations. Needs cleanup. Megan1967 00:34, 25 Feb 2005 (UTC)
- Merge. This is actually very good material, and just needs clean-up. Sorry for being a bit late with my comments, but there have been some discussion about related issues before, and I was asked to try to merge some of the character material about Song of ice and fire into larger, encyclopaedic entries. I hadn't realised that this nice article came up, but with some trimming it would sit really well on House Targaryen, together with some other (shorter) articles about other Targaryens. If and when any single character "explodes in size" he or she can have their own page devoted to him or her (or it, as it happens!). Thore 10:02, 28 Feb 2005 (UTC) -- Actually, after reading this thing through, I will change my vote to keep. There is an amazing amount of work put into this page, and I would like to keep most of it. I will put a brief summary of the page under House Targaryen, and link to it. Still needs cleanup and wikification, of course. Let me get right to it. Thore 10:10, 28 Feb 2005 (UTC) -- A somewhat longer discussion of issues related to characters from this series, including my own views, can be found at Talk:List of characters in A Song of Ice and Fire. I would be happy if you had a look at these meandering, so that a VfD won't be necessary in the future. Thore 13:36, 28 Feb 2005 (UTC)
- keep:ChrisG 20:00, 5 Mar 2005 (UTC)
This page is now preserved as an archive of the debate and, like some other VfD subpages, is no longer 'live'. Subsequent comments on the issue, the deletion, or the decision-making process should be placed on the relevant 'live' pages. Please do not edit this page.