The company I work for (Pathfinder International) is a US-based non-profit that works to improve the reproductive health of women, men, and adolescents throughout the developing world.
We've been around for almost 50 years, and we work in about 20 countries in Africa, Asia & Latin America.
I'd like to see an article on us in Wikipedia, and I think we're probably a big enough player to merit one, but it is obviously more appropriate that an experienced Wikipedian start it.
If you are an experienced Wikipedian, and you think we'd merit an article, I'd thank you very much for getting Pathfinder International (started).
Special thanks to User:Lotsofissues for starting the Wikipedia article on Pathfinder.
About how I will behave:
As mentioned above, I am disinclined to edit the article out of concern primarily for POV issues. (This is out of concern for appearances mostly, not actual concern for my ability to remain NPOV. I wish to show repect to the community, and am aware that more scrutiny should be directed at those with a vested interest in an article.)
I will feel free as any Wikipedian to edit mercilessly if prankster issues arise, but I will try call for experienced Wikipedian's where possible instead of doing it myself.
I would like to encourage further development of the article, though.
Please feel free to contact me if I can be of any assistance. You can leave me a message here or email email@example.com. Email's probably better since I don't check this site very often.
Thanks in advance for any thoughts or efforts,
-:)Pfwebadmin 16:49, 11 Apr 2005 (UTC)
I will try to list here any edits that I do make. Please feel free to comment.
- I added us to the disambiguation page for Pathfinder
- I posted to the discussion page for our article to thank user:lotsof issues for starting it, and to encourage further article development.
- Fixed typo in PI article (reporductive to reproductive)
Comments & Messages here:
- I am currently working on it. I do not wish to accept money. Lotsofissues 08:44, 10 Apr 2005 (UTC)
- I've created a short stub. I've done considerable research but I've decided not to write a more extensive article for lack of third party information. Lotsofissues 12:54, 10 Apr 2005 (UTC)
- Thanks! Pfwebadmin 17:08, 11 Apr 2005 (UTC)
- No problem. Thank you for your careful consideration of POV on this site. It's refreshing to see after discovering/deleting so much vanity/marketing daily. Lotsofissues 22:10, 11 Apr 2005 (UTC)
- You might want to read the editing help. If you want to link to something on en.wikipedia, just surround it by square brackets like this:
[[The title of your link]](which looks like The title of your link). If you wanted it to link to, for example, Orange (word), but want to have the face of the link say Orange, use:
[[Orange (word)|Orange]]which makes Orange. External links should only be used to link to external sites. (So, instead of
[http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pathfinder_International Pathfinder International's Wikipedia entry], use
[[Pathfinder International|Pathfinder International's Wikipedia entry]]. :) ✏ OvenFresh² 01:38, 13 Apr 2005 (UTC)
- Thanks for the pointer, OvenFresh:). Wasn't going to bother spending too much time learning editing stuff here since I'm not planning on really editing actual articles, but don't mind spending a little now and anon. Fixed links here. Will-do on other posts as I go. -Pfwebadmin 13:22, 14 Apr 2005 (UTC)
As you might have noticed, I started editing the wiki.
I normally rewrite everything I place and use several sources for my wikis and try to create complete wikis in short periods of time. Pathfinder International is a nice challenge due to the high amount of information available, but a nice one.
Killerdark 15:27, 27 December 2005 (UTC)
- I would like to add a logo and maybe one or two pictures, preferably one of the current CEO and one of the headquarters of Pathfinder International. Can you arrange either self made pictures or arrange the use of pictures from the website?
- Killerdark 16:33, 27 December 2005 (UTC)
- For foundations it is quite common to add a short (or sometimes long) list of the biggest contributors to the foundation. I will look into that later. Due to (normally) complex structures between the participating foundations it takes some time to figure out who paid, for what and why. Normally those are figured out in an early stage, to figure out who paid for the dirty work, but I haven't found any dirty work so far (thats likely the reason no one bothered to make this a real wiki so far), so I don't think the contributors list will add a lot of insights.
- Killerdark 17:29, 27 December 2005 (UTC)
Thanks for the interest and the effort, Killerdark. I can shoot you a copy of our logo via email; photos would be trickier. Just to clarify, we're not a foundation. We're a nonprofit NGO (501(c)(3)). We do accept contributions from individuals and foundations, and we also do work for several govermental agencies (e.g. USAID). Pfwebadmin 20:46, 29 December 2005 (UTC)
This is where I leave notes about the content of the article about the Pathfinder article.
- The Buffet mention is appropriate, and speaks very well of us, but will likely fill in the overall picture unevenly until tweaked a bit. Mention of donors maybe could, if it's to happen at all, include some mention of the overall mix of donations so that mention of the bit that is readily available and trustworthy/reference-able online doesn't skew the article-readers' perceptiion. Not sure what will pass muster for inclusion on Wikipedia, but audited financials are available. FYI I've got financial information on our site and there's also some in our Annual Reports.