|WikiProject LGBT studies||(Rated Category-class)|
|WikiProject Gender Studies||(Rated NA-class)|
Wouldn't simply "Transgender" be a better name for this category? The "-related topics" suffix seems redundant, considering that's what categories are all about. Bryan 05:51, 2 Jun 2004 (UTC)
- I did that in order to keep it in line with the Category:Gay-related topics first created, and to avoid deleting it outright. But I think your point is fairly pertinent - what do you suggest? Dysprosia 05:55, 2 Jun 2004 (UTC)
- Hm. I didn't see those categories before. My personal feeling is that all of the "-related topics" bits should be removed, but this isn't really my field so I'm not going to press for it. If that's what the consensus turns out to be, though, I'll offer to contribute some of my elbow grease changing links and such. Bryan 06:14, 2 Jun 2004 (UTC)
Critique An Article
- This article is a very basic outline of what the term transgender is. The only true information found on the article page is the definition of "transgender" and then a bunch of links to sub-topics and other related pages.
- Almost all of the links to pages of sub-topics and related pages are relevant however I did find there to be multiple instances of superfluous additions. Therefore, not all of the links are relevant and do have the possibility to act as a distraction.
- The basic layout of the article allows for it to be neutral and not have any biased claims.
- Many of the links did work, but there were also a bunch that were not linked at all or brought you to a different page with no information on the topic meant to be researched
- I believe that much more information could be added onto this page. While all of the additional links to sub-topics are useful, I think that a lot of the information could be much more easily accessible if it was all formatted into the one page. I think that a history of transgender culture and prejudice would be very necessary to add, as well as the progress that the transgender community has made over time. I also think that it is very necessary to talk about current issues facing the transgender community, and how those who are transgender are viewed in different cultures and religions. These are all ideas that my team could possibly create and add as a part of this project.