Here's why I removed the image. Tin-foil hats are a deadly serious issue for those paranoid individuals who wear them; many of them are sufferers from schizophrenia, a severe mental illness. This is a serious subject, and cuddly toy illustrations are not appropriate. We can, and should, report on the mockery of the wearers of tin-foil hats that is the most common meme regarding them -- we should not, however, take part in it. -- The Anome 11:57, 25 Oct 2004 (UTC)
I have never heard of schizophrenia sufferers wearing wearing tin-foil hats. Do you have any evidence that they do? In any case, I find it hard to beleive that this could be interpreted as mockery of schizophrenia sufferers. To me, the image is humorous and not intended to be or be interpreted as mockery. -- 184.108.40.206
Sorry, I didn't realise tin foil hat was used to describe the symptoms of schizophrenia sufferers. Yes, in this light it could be interpreted as mockery, so I agree with your decision. I just thought the penguin was cute and funny. 220.127.116.11
Welcome to Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia! You don't have to log in to read or edit articles on Wikipedia, but creating an account is quick, free and non-intrusive, requires no personal information, and gives you many benefits, including:
- The use of a username of your choice
- The ability to view all your contributions via a "My contributions" link
- Your own user page
- Your own talk page which, if you choose, also allows users to send you messages without knowing your e-mail address
- The use of your own personal watchlist to which you can add articles that interest you
- The ability to rename pages
- The ability to upload images
- The ability to customize the appearance and behavior of the website
- The eligibility to become an administrator
- The right to be heard in votes and elections
- Your IP address will no longer be visible to other users.
Welcome to Wikipedia. Although everyone is welcome to make constructive contributions to Wikipedia, at least one of your recent edits, such as the one you made to Fafafini, did not appear to be constructive and has been reverted or removed. Please use the sandbox for any test edits you would like to make, and take a look at the welcome page to learn more about contributing to this encyclopedia. Thank you. NeilN talk ♦ contribs 15:46, 8 February 2008 (UTC)
- If this is a shared IP address, and you didn't make any unconstructive edits, consider creating an account for yourself so you can avoid further irrelevant warnings.
Welcome to Wikipedia. Although everyone is welcome to contribute to the encyclopedia, one or more of the external links you added to the page Factoring (finance) do not comply with our guidelines for external links and have been removed. Wikipedia is not a collection of links; nor should it be used as a platform for advertising or promotion, and doing so is contrary to the goals of this project. Because Wikipedia uses nofollow tags, external links do not alter search engine rankings. If you feel the link should be added to the article, please discuss it on the article's talk page before reinserting it. Please take a look at the welcome page to learn more about contributing constructively to this encyclopedia. Thank you. Kuru (talk) 02:35, 27 January 2012 (UTC)
This is the discussion page for an IP user, identified by the user's IP address. Many IP addresses change periodically, and are often shared by several users. If you are an IP user, you may create an account or log in to avoid future confusion with other IP users. Registering also hides your IP address.